| Total time:
|| 30-45 mins
* Mouse over to enlarge
1. Place meat into non-aluminum, stainless or glass bowl. Add thyme, garlic, black pepper, bay leaf and cloves. Pour in wine, brandy, if used, and oil.
2. Cover. Marinate for 4 hours at room temperature or up to 2 days, refrigerated. Turn and spoon marinade over meat several times during marinating.
3. Remove meat from marinade. Pat dry. Rub with flour and salt. Heat butter in heavy, deep casserole or Dutch oven. Brown meat on all sides.
4. Add onion, carrot and beef broth. Cover and braise at 325F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat to platter. Keep warm.
5. Strain liquid into shallow skillet. Heat to a boil. Boil rapidly until reduced to about 2 cups.
6. Carve meat into slices. Spoon juices over meat. Top with cooked vegetables, if you wish.
Notes: For busy day meals, this is an excellent choice.
Article source: Unknown;